- One job, many roles. The different skills needed to be a successful CTO
- A Guide to Recording 660FPS Video On A $6 Raspberry Pi Camera
- Clearbit’s approach to management
- Cloud IAP enables context-aware access to VMs via SSH and RDP without bastion hosts
Step 1: Forget that all these things exist: Microservices, Lambda, API Gateway, Containers, Kubernetes, Docker.— Daniel Vassallo (@dvassallo) July 25, 2019
Anything whose main value proposition is about “ability to scale” will likely trade off your “ability to be agile & survive”. That’s rarely a good trade off.
- Dark matter may be older than the Big Bang
- Functional Programming? Don’t Even Bother, It’s a Silly Toy
My email address isn't on the web. A recruiter at @HarveyNashGroup used the GitHub API to pull my email address out of git commits (the author metadata field). When confronted they said they "meant no offense." Then they added me to their mailing list. Please avoid this company.— Gary Bernhardt (@garybernhardt) August 9, 2019
- GitHub Actions now supports CI/CD, free for public repositories
- How To Become A Good Manager Using OKRs Methodology?
- IBM Stops Buybacks to Pay for Red Hat
If you're willing to avoid all the value of each cloud provider then possibly, but now you're locked into the limited capabilities of those base compute layers.— Kelsey Hightower (@kelseyhightower) July 30, 2019
Cloud is much broader than executing system calls.
There are easy ways to getting a Kubernetes cluster, see GKE, but there is nothing easy about what’s required after that. https://t.co/S1BnlmtQ37— Kelsey Hightower (@kelseyhightower) August 5, 2019
- Paxos jokes
- The Storytelling Computer
I wish we'd stop debating OOP vs FP, and started debating individual paradigms. Immutability, encapsulation, global state, single assignment, actor model, pure functions, IO in the type system, inheritance, composition... all of these are perfectly possible in either OOP or FP.— Mathias Verraes (@mathiasverraes) July 23, 2019