"how do I reach Google if needed urgently?" - this is the biggest question on the minds of many GCP customers— . (@cloud_opinion) March 21, 2019
- A Guide to Kubernetes Admission Controllers
"Datacenter RPCs can be general and fast" Kalia et al., NSDI'19 https://t.co/Zi8D9XZ78t #themorningpaper— Adrian Colyer (@adriancolyer) March 18, 2019
RPC performance as good as specialised hardware designs, on commodity lossy ethernet! pic.twitter.com/dE8B9Wly4i
- Amazon ElastiCache for Redis 5.0.3 enhances I/O handling to boost performance
- Ask HN: Resources/Steps for Becoming a Consultant?
- Azure Data Studio: An Open Source GUI Editor for Postgres
#serverless sevice mesh: when you have a constellation of independently-deployed microservices, each with a set of resources it wants to expose (API GW, S3 bucket, Kinesis stream either as source or sink), how do they dynamically discover and connect?— Ben Kehoe (@ben11kehoe) March 20, 2019
Apple AirPods H1 chip (SOCs) has the processing power of an iPhone 4—in each ear!— Brian Roemmele (@BrianRoemmele) March 20, 2019
Class 1 Bluetooth 5. H1 die size is ~12mm2.
Maxim audio codec
Bosch BMA280 accelerometer
STM 3 axis accelerometer
TI data converter
Goertek MEMs microphones pic.twitter.com/XDZIKZaKoa
My top 3 papers on serverless— Cindy Sridharan (@copyconstruct) March 21, 2019
1. Serverless Computing: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back https://t.co/yCk9gwXdRP
2. Cloud Programming Simplified: A Berkeley View on Serverlesshttps://t.co/cas4msEmOU
3. Peeking Behind the Curtains of Serverless Platforms https://t.co/sp7bZFbHUs
- Considering Optimization and Time Complexity with JS Algorithms
- Datacenter RPCs can be general and fast
- Different Ways to Parse Http Request Data in Http-triggered Azure Functions
- golang/build - CRFS: Container Registry Filesystem
- How a 50-year-old design came back to haunt Boeing with its troubled 737 Max jet
- How Student Self-Management Tools Can Influence Your Studying Process
- How to Refactor Your Finances - An Interview With a Programmer Who Retired at 34
- inextensodigital/actions - Manage Github Action workflows and actions by cli.
- What is Docli?
- Is Windows an option for developers in 2019?
- Istio 1.1
This weekend I was rendering a 3D scene with Blender on EC2. Per frame GPU render time was about 6 seconds, back of napkin math said the job wouldn't finish for 32 hours. While I waited, I switched to AWS Lambda & the same job finished in 11 minutes. 11 minutes!— Jerry Hargrove @ 🏠 (@awsgeek) March 19, 2019
- John Gall (author)
- KubeEdge, a Kubernetes Native Edge Computing Framework
- Maybe You Don’t Need Kubernetes
- MezzFS — Mounting object storage in Netflix’s media processing platform
- Microsoft Defender comes to the Mac
- Mitigating risk in the hardware supply chain
- NVIDIA’s $99 Jetson Nano is an AI computer for DIY enthusiasts
- NVM-Express Storage Goes Mainstream Over Ethernet Fabrics
- Part 10 - Splitting a Leaf Node
- Preface · Computer Networks
- Protocols are Important: Martin Thompson at QCon London
- Researchers Scrutinize Optane Memory Performance
- Rule #0: Don’t. Be. An. Asshole.
- Rust in Production at Figma
- Slim: OS kernel support for a low-overhead container overlay network
"It is serverless the same way WiFi is wireless. At some point, the e-mail I send over WiFi will hit a wire, of course"— Slobodan Stojanović (@slobodan_) August 27, 2016
- SOA vs. EDA: Is Not Life Simply a Series of Events?
The function abstraction is perfect until you hit its limit (language, system libs, custom binaries...).— Steren (@steren) March 17, 2019
Containers give you this flexibility.
Developers shouldn't have to lose benefits of serverless (pay per use, autoscale, managed) to get flexibility.
- Swim Open Sources Platform That Challenges Conventional Wisdom in Distributed Computing
- The #AWS EC2 Windows Secret Sauce
- The Myth of Meritocracy
- Three protocols and a future of the decentralized internet
- To Blockchain or Not To Blockchain
- Top 5 Must Have Visual Studio Code Extensions
- Using Go Modules
- valeriansaliou/sonic - Fast, lightweight & schema-less search backend. An alternative to Elasticsearch that runs on a few MBs of RAM.
- Vertically Scaling PostgreSQL
- What’s new in the latest release: Terraform Azure provider v1.23.0
- Why big tech should fear Europe
- Why Do Arrays Start With Index 0?
- Why Fastly loves QUIC and HTTP/3
- Why I, A Serverless Developer, Don’t Care About Your Containers
- Write yourself a Git!
- Writing an API at the Edge with Workers and Cloud Firestore
- Hashed and Hierarchical Timing Wheels: Data Structures for the Efficient Implementation of a Timer Facility
- When pigs fly: optimising bytecode interpreters
- A 20-Year Community Roadmap for Artificial Intelligence Research in the US
- Interaction Protocols